Thursday, January 20, 2011

A PokerStars Promotion that Delivered

I'm a man who likes his equity, so when PokerStars offered up their new Micro Mania promotion, being the equity no that I am, I jumped on it.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/micromania-north-america/

This promotion entailed the player to make a Deposit or Reload. In my case, I made a $10 reload using the promotional code 'Mania' and received a $1.10 ticket to the weekly ‘MicroMania: Sunday Million $1.10’ qualifier which has 25 seats guaranteed each week.

I finally got around to playing it this weekend after prior commitments for the past 2 weeks. I sat out the first 3-4 levels as I ran errands earlier in the day. The structure is one of my favourites, the 10-minute fast structure blind levels. All in all, it took 4.5 hours of grinding, 2000 players eliminating each other until 25 remained, a bit of luck and I was eventually one of the lucky 25 to win my $215 seat.

So while small, the promotion still worked out :) Thanks PokerStars

No comments: